The Next Beginners Course:
08 May 2017 – Outdoors – CACSSA, Tewkesbury Road, Cheltenham
The club runs beginners courses designed to teach the basic skills of archery. Courses last for six weeks
For further details or to book a place on the course, contact Carol Williams at email@example.com or by using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
The courses are run in accordance with the Grand National Archery Society (GNAS) requirements and guidelines and will be run by a GNAS qualified coach supported by other coaches and experienced club archers.
All the equipment you need is provided by the club. At the end of the course the beginner will have been taught the essential safety requirements to protect themselves, and others from harm. He/she should be able to shoot a recurve bow with reasonable confidence and skill and will have been introduced to other types of bow (including Long bow, Compound bow etc)
COURSE FEES AND DATES
Course fees are £55 for all applicants, payable in advance.
DRESS CODE, JEWELLERY AND FOOTWEAR
Dress regulations are in place for your own comfort and safety:
- Long hair should be secured out of the way.
- Wear close fitting clothes that will not catch on the bow string. Avoid loose sleeves and baggy collars, cardigans and sleeves.
- Shoes should have enclosed toes so you do not stub against arrows buried. Flip flops, sandals and open toes shoes will not be allowed.
- Remove all facial piercings and upper body piercings. (If these get caught in the bow string it will be very painful)!
- Avoid wearing dangly earrings, loose bracelets & necklaces, for the same reason.
- For Summer outdoor courses, bring a warm jumper and a waterproof.
AFTER THE COURSE
Upon successfully completing the course, if the beginner decides to pursue archery and join the club, they are strongly advised NOT to buy their own equipment straight away. They club will happily loan the equipment they have been using throughout the beginners course FREE OF CHARGE for 3 months. Once the beginner decides to get their own equipment then a member of the coaching team will be happy to advise on the purchase of suitable equipment. This encourages beginners to buy appropriate kit that is tailored to their needs and skills.